Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hello Dear Friend–C4C #246

C4C246_2014jul26


Hey, everyone, and welcome to this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges! This week Frances has challenged us to made a card with more than one fold. I don’t mind admitting that I’m not a fan of all those crazy folds, but I’d been wanting to try this idea that I saw so I didn’t dread it too much. Let me say right up front that is card is a shameless CASE of THIS card by Jennifer McGuire and I love how it turned out! I might be doing more of these Z-fold cards in the future now ;-) Many thanks to Jennifer for the inspiration and instructions.

My card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base and I used LJD Blissful Butterflies and LJD Blissful Butterflies Die-namics for the partial die-cutting images. I won’t bore you with the step by step—just click on the link to Jennifers—I followed her instructions to the letter. For the striped strips on the sides, I stamped up some pretty paper with Plaid Builder Background and Lemon Drop ink, Orange Fizz ink, and Razzle Berry ink. The sentiment is from LJD Blissful Butterflies and was stamped with Steel Gray ink. I finished off with some enamel dots.

Here’s what it looks like opened up:

C4C246_2014jul26in


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our July Guest Designer, Kelly Booth!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C246.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2





~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Blissful Butterflies, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Orange Fizz ink, Razzle Berry ink, Lemon Drop ink, Steel Gray ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LJD Blissful Butterflies (MFT); enamel dots


1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. Awesome design, and I LOVE this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you are going to make more more than one fold cards haha .... fab card btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific. I love the bright butterflies against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooh - this is SO pretty. Love it and I hope you DO make more Z-fold cards. I know I'd love to see what you do with the idea. Thanks for sharing this one!
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!