Sunday, July 13, 2014

Happy Birthday–SSSC #227

SSSC227_2014jul13


Hey, there, and welcome to this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Karen has a really fun design for us this week with lots of possibilities.


SSSC227
I started off with a Primitive White card stock base, then decided to stamp the diagonal elements on a piece of Steel Gray card stock using the border from LJD Celebrate You with Steel Gray ink. The focal element was done using a LLD Treat Pocket Die-namics, cut from Kraft card stock and the sentiment, also from LJD Celebrate You, stamped in Steel Gray ink. I cut a gift and bow from Primitive White card stock using LJD Celebrate You Die-namics and stamped with the coordinating images from LJD Celebrate You with Orange Fizz ink and Blu Raspberry ink. The tab treatment on the side was done with a LLD Accent It – Flags & Tags Die-namics cut from Orange Fizz ink and accented with a Blu Raspberry button tied with hemp cord.

Another sentiment, along with the border, from
LJD Celebrate You was stamped on the inside.

SSSC227_2014jul13in 


And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Celebrate you (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray ink, Orange Fizz ink, Blu Raspberry ink (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Kraft card stock, Orange Fizz card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Treat Pocket Die-namics, LJD Celebrate You Die-namics, LLD Accent It – Flags & Tags Die-namics, Blu Raspberry button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape

1CAS Signature2

6 comments:

  1. Bar, this is so cute. love the row of gifts in the background and on the inside. great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birthday card, Bar! I really like how you stamped the stripes in your background and how the envelope on the front would be the perfect spot for a gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't wait to see what you did with this sketch Barbara and I'm blown away. Love, love, love how you created your own background. I *must* have this pocket die. Soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, this is fantastic! I think I need that treat envelop! Great colors and I love how you used the present border in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun birthday card! Great idea to use the treat pocket die for the image panel background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe that I didn't order that set - I guess I'll have to do a second order because I love everything you have done with it (I loved your pastel/neutrals from a week or so ago). Of course, now seeing this card, I'm going to need that die too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!