Thursday, May 02, 2013

Make a Wish–MFT May Teaser, Day Two

teaserday2_2013may2

I’m back with Day Two of MFT’s May Teasers. To get all the details, be sure to check out the MFT Blog for set and Die-namics reveals, chances to win prizes, and more inspiration from the awesome design team. And don’t forget, everything we’re previewing will be available for purchase at 10pm on May 7th!


TeaserTime_FullSize

If you’ve already checked out the MFT Blog, you know that MFT will have a new line starting with the May release. Our very own Mona Pendleton is designing a mixed media line! I am a huge fan of Mona’s work and could not be more thrilled that she will be designing products for MFT! I’m using both of her stamp sets for May: MPD Distressed Background Blocks and MPD Dandelion Wishes.

Soooo, I have so much to learn about this mixed media thing but I tried to get a little artsy with this card :) Using some watercolor paper, I first used a wide water brush and simply brushed on some areas of ink using my Sour Apple refill, Blu Raspberry refill, Sno Cone refill, and Lemon Drop refill. Then I inked up the dots from MPD Distressed Background Blocks with the same inks and stamped over the corresponding water brushed areas. The hardest part for me was to not be too rigid with my “painting” and to just “go with it”. Then I stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice ink and distressed the edges before adhering to a Black Licorice card stock base. Before adhering it to the card base, I loaded a small brush with thinned Black Licorice refill ink and flicked it all over the panel.

Then I cut out the blown dandelion using the coordinating Die-namics Dandelion Stems and Toppers from Whip Cream card stock and stamped the images from MPD Dandelion Wishes with Black Licorice ink for the topper and Sour Apple ink for the stem. I popped it up on foam and it was done! I love my first--very simple--effort at mixed media and I’m looking forward to doing more!

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from another new set this month, Life’s Direction.

teaserday2_2013may2in

And that’s it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for another teaser!








~Supplies~
Stamps: MPD Distressed Background Blocks, MPD Dandelion Wishes, Life’s Direction (
MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Whip Cream card stock (MFT); watercolor paper
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Sour Apple ink, Sour Apple refill, Black Licorice refill, Sno Cone refill, Lemon Drop refill, Blu Raspberry refill (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Die-namics Dandelion Stems and Toppers (
MFT); distressing tool, foam tape



brownwendysignature

22 comments:

  1. You have my favorite card of the hop!!!!! Like & aqua are my all time fave colors & the theme on my blog & in my family room!! I hope you don't mind, I'm going to have to CASE this entire card!!! Just too gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the textures and the colors you used with these new images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the background and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful inside and out Barbara! Love the colorful background! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique! Congrats to Mona! Can't wait to see what she creates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love your background and the colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is lovely Barbara , great colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bar! This is fabulous, love the coloured background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love how you created your background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background is so clever.Love the card you have made Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty. I love the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. so so pretty- love your watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your background paper - very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!!! I love the colors. I think I am going to buy some ink refill dye this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this time of month. Great sample.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really liking the watercolor effect you created with this card and the use of the background stamp. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you create so much texture and dimension on your cards! Gorgeous coloring on this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful colors, and I love the outside/inside treatment you give to all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your first mixed media efforts are very amazing. Keep them coming. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!