Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chill Out! - MFTWSC #78

MFTWSC78_2012jun27


Are you ready for another
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC78


I’m using another soon to be released set for this card. This is WTG Straight From the Carton and will be available to purchase on July 3. Mark your calendars and get all the details at the MFT Blog.

OK, so I strayed a little bit from the sketch. But the sketch is there for inspiration, right? Right ;-)

I stamped WTG on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 130lb paper and mostly paper pieced this image. What wasn’t paper pieced was colored with Copic markers. Then I matted it with
Tangy Orange card stock and popped it up on foam. The corrugated wavy line at the bottom was made with a Die-namics die that will also be available to purchase on July 3: Jumbo Squiggle Border. The sentiment was stamped on yet another Die-namics die that will soon be available: Sentiment Strips. It was popped up, as well, and embellished with a twine-tied button. A little sewing was all it needed to finish it off. MFT card stock used on this card: Whip Cream, Tangy Orange, Kraft.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

MFTWSC78_2012jun27in


Here are the
Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


OK, that’s it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope to see you back tomorrow for Day Two Teaser!





Pin It

 

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: WTG Straight From the Carton (
MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream, Tangy Orange, Kraft (MFT); corrugated card board; This & That - Charming (Echo Park); Prairie (Pink Paislee)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa 
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Jumbo Squiggle Border, Sentiment Strips
Die-namics dies (MFT); twine, button, sewing machine, foam dots

 

brownwendysignature

5 comments:

  1. BE-U-TI-FUL!!! I do love this stamp set...I have the other ice cream one..I do love the sentiments that go with this one though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Barbara! This is awesome. I can see that this took some time and you have paid very close attention to detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the way you paper pieced the stamp! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I seriously think a non-stamper would do a double-take on this card and think that's an actual photograph! Your coloring and piecing on this is ROCKED OUT! I seriously love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! WOW! WOW! This is fabulous, Barbara! So many beautiful details and paper pieced beautifully!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!