Friday, June 24, 2011

Flourishes Friday Free For All - The Rose

 It's another Flourishes Friday Free For All! Today I'm sharing another card I made for the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen team. This card was inspired by Bette Midler's 'The Rose' and is using A Year In Flowers, Set 2.



I stamped the image on Classic White card stock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers before cutting it out with Spellbinders' Classic Oval and matting it with Scalloped Classic Oval Nestabilities. I stamped the sentiment on my patterned paper for a subtle effect. Pretty simple layout, so I won't bore you with details on that :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: A Year In Flowers, Set 2 (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White, Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Soft Suede (SU!); Madeline Mat Stack (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories:  Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Oval and Scalloped Nestabilities (Spellbinders); lace, ribbon, button (craft store); Copic markers; sewing machine

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love that set also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    Beth Greco

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has such a romantic feel Barbara. I love the lace,ribbon, and paper all together. Great card for one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Barbara, it has a victorian feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! Your coloring on the roses perfectly match your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a classic looking card Bar-- reminds me of a shabby quilt that grandma might have laying on the guest room bed -- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...lovely color combo and a fabulous card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! I love that K & Co paper! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Utterly gorgeous, Barbara! Love the old fashioned colors and pretty papers. Very soft coloring of the roses, and they look wonderful in the oval.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absoluete wonderful. Great use of elements and coloring. Just beatuiful. Thanks.
    Jan Marie
    Flourishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very elegant and dainty feeling Barbara...I love the color pink you achieved too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning !
    I am always looking for Flourishes card ideas.
    I linked your site to mine. Now we're "cousins?"
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!