Saturday, March 19, 2011

Belated Birthday Wishes - C4C #79

Happy Saturday! Hope you're ready for another fun challenge! Silke Ledlow is our host again today at Crazy 4 Challenges and she's chosen a great color combo for us today.


Pretty, huh? This is the first chance I've had to play with some new PTI stuff--I've had it almost a month, so it's about time, right?

First of all, I stamped Background Basics: Newsprint on a Kraft base with Dark Chocolate ink. Then I added the sentiment from Mat Stack 3 at the very bottom. Next, I stamped a piece of Hibiscus Burst card stock with Background Basics: Tin Types and more Dark Chocolate ink. After I cut the border with a Medium Scallop die, I tied a Hawaiian shores twill bow around.


For the button card (OMGosh, but I LOVE this concept!!)), first I die cut the card from Rustic White card stock, then stamped the two elements with more Dark Chocolate, then sewed the buttons on. Finally, I popped it up on some foam and it was done! I'm loving it!

Okey dokey, that's it for me! Sooooo, NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C79.

Thanks so much for dropping in today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Button Boutique, Background Basics: Newsprint, Background Basics: Tin Types; Mat Stack 3 (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Rustic White, Hibiscus Burst (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Accessories: Grand Calibur (Spellbinders); Button Boutique, Medium Scallop dies, buttons (PTI); foam dots, thread (craft store)

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love anything vintage and that button card is such a fantastic design! The concept of your card is fabulous! You make such pretty cards, Barbara!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!! The layout and how you used each set is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought a smile to my face, it is so pretty. Love the colors.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. that button card element is simply fabulous....love your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Barb! I just received this awesome PTI background stamp today and I love how you used it on your card today...just FABULOUS! Perfect use of the colors too...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Barb! I have been trying to order that die but it still isn't in stock! You make me jealous!!! LOL!!! Maybe I should drive down to your house and borrow it!!! LOLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THUD!!!! That's me picking myself off the floor! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Barbara, love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, ya' already know how much I love this card, but I'll tell you again.... LOOOVE it! Those buttons on the card are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!