Monday, October 19, 2009

Santa Baby--MTSC #43

Yep, last minute again for Mercy's Sketch Challenge. But I have a good reason--I've been out of town and couldn't get it done any sooner. Yeah, that's my story ;-)

This card is using the main WTG image from Santa Baby, new this month from My Favorite Things. I'm going to make this post short and sweet, but if you have any questions, just shoot me an email. I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and for the most part, this image is paper pieced. I did use Liquid Applique on Santa's beard and cuffs and the coloring is done with Copic markers. I flipped the sketch and I love it--another one I'll be going back to again. Patterned paper is from a Christmas 8 1/2" x 11" I got at Hobby Lobby--I just love this red, black, and vanilla for Christmas!

Thanks for dropping by today! Don't forget you have until tonight to get in your card for this week's theme for the contest!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Santa Baby (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU!); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Holiday paper (Hobby Lobby)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: 3M foam squares, Pearl cotton, ribbon, flat back red pearls (craft store); Copic markers; 1/16" hole punch; Liquid Applique


4 comments:

  1. I love this! The dp you used is fantastic! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the colors and that is a fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, love this card the image and the dp is wonderful. I haven't been able to access your blog for several days so Im using my work computer. Lots of pretty cards you've been doing just wanted to tell you since have'nt been able to for the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cow, barb...this is simply fabtastic! love the pop of red and black...and your coloring is exquisite!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week...and i hope you can join in again this week! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!