Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy July 4th, USA!!!


First, let me wish everyone in the US a happy July 4th! Hope you have a safe and happy holiday!

Next, did you know that My Favorite Things is celebrating it's 3rd birthday this weekend? Lookie here:

MFT turns 3 this weekend, so we are celebrating ALL month long!

This weekend ONLY (July 4th and 5th), we are offering a Buy 3, Get 2 FREE promo!

Purchase any 3 full priced stamp sets (Excludes July New Releases) and we will add:

1) One set from our Get Sentimental category (we will select the set for you) AND

2) A FREE set of YOUR choice! (Excludes July New Releases)

The July New Releases are excluded from this promotion. They don’t count as either your Buy 3 sets OR the 2 FREE sets. They are:

Catch Some Rays

Puttin’ on the Glitz

Puppy Chow

Purrfect Treat

But since we know the new stuff is on your wish list, we are EXTENDING the 10% discount on these sets through Sunday, July 5th as well!

So, after you see my card, get on over to My Favorite Things and take advantage of this awesome sale!

Now, since lots of folks take this week for vacation and will be hanging out at the beach or pool, I thought this card would be appropriate for today. I'm using My Favorite Things' new release, Catch Some Rays, and I decided to use a flip flop shape for the card, just for fun. And, I see this card will work for today's Our Creative Corner challenge--to use red, white, and blue. OK, I used Vanilla, but it's close, right? ;-)

I actually traced one of my flip flops for the base card and sorta eyeballed the straps to start with. Then I redrew and adjusted it to fit my focal image and sentiment. I'm liking it :)

The card base is Whisper White with Night Of Navy and Riding Hood Red DSP, all stitched together on my sewing machine, after I used a distressing tool on the navy and red layers. Then, after they were sewn together, I used some Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen for a little bit of a vintage look. The focal image was stamped on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. The umbrella was paper pieced after I made my own DP by stamping on Whisper White with a stamp from MFT Behind the Scenes. More sewing and distressing on the focal image and sentiment "straps", which are attached with buttons. The umbrella is up on 3M foam squares and some narrow ribbon is attached with a spiral clip. OK, I think that's it!

Be sure to check out the weekly challenges at the MFT Forum and give them a whirl--you might win something :)

I'm so glad you stopped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Catch Some Rays, Behind the Scenes (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Night Of Navy, Riding Hood Red DSP (SU!); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinders label die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, spiral clip (craft store); Copic markers; buttons; sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Super cute! Great flip flop! I have made a few of these too, you will see next week! Happy and safe 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning darling what a great piece of work
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! Love the flip flop shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!!! And this stamp and sentiment is just so cute. I've seen it on a couple of your other cards, but I think this is my favorite one using it. I live in flip-flops in the summer and can't seem to stop buying them, so this is right down my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a CARD!!! This is so much more than a card -- Just love it!! Fabulous job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is this?! What an awesome card Bar! I hope you had a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!