Friday, March 13, 2009

Good Luck

This card is for SCS Color Combinations #209. Basic Black, Always Artichoke, and Rose Red. LOVE these colors together!! LOVE 'em!!! I'm "loosely" using this week's SFYTT for my layout.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Basic Black and Always Artichoke, to which I added some paper piercing. The next element is Basic Black with a layer of Rose Red, also with paper piercing. The focal image uses a Karen Lockhart stamp called Tulips. It was stamped twice on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (see below for colors used). I then cut out one image and popped it up on the second with 3M foam squares. It was then matted with Rose Red, Always Artichoke, and Basic Black and is also up on foam squares. I finished it off with a black gingham ribbon tied around in a knot with two buttons tied on with black Perle cotton. The sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages (this is such a GREAT set of tiny sentiments--love it!) and was stamped on the same paper with the same ink. It was cut/embossed with a Spellbinders tag punch and tied on under the buttons. I'm really liking this card. Whatcha think?

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Tulips (Karen Lockhart), Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb.; Whisper White, Basic Black, Always Artichoke, Rose Red (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinder tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, Pearle cotton (craft store); Copic markers; buttons (my stash)

3 comments:

  1. OOh, this is beautiful! Love those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The way you combined the two buttons, and all your piercing just makes this card extra special. I seem to be embellishment-challenged lately, I just cannot come up with those little "extras".
    Great card!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! Love the colors together, and LOVE the gingham ribbon! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!