Thursday, March 19, 2009

Birthday FANfare--Sketches {by Tamara} #87


Time for another sketch from Sketches {by Tamara}--this one is Sketch #87. As soon as I saw it I immediately thought of an Ornare paper piercing template that I'd never used but that would be PERFECT for this sketch! Here's the sketch:


My base card is Whisper White with layers of Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue, and DP from the Mellow 6 x 6 pad from Basic Grey. The focal image is paper pierced (with this Ornare template--see what I mean, it's PERFECT for this sketch!) Whisper White card stock, which was cut/embossed with a circle Nestabilities die and matted with Always Artichoke, cut/embossed with a scalloped die. The center is Bashful Blue with the Nestabilities thing going on and highlighted with a fabric covered brad from The Paper Studio and is up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Basics set and was stamped on Whisper White with Always Artichoke. It was then cut/embossed with a Spellbinders ribbon slider die and attached with blue satin ribbon.

Check out the sketch at the Sketches {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Birthday Basics (PTI)

Paper:
Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue (SU!)
; Mellow 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Always Artichoke (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities and Spellbinders dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon, brd (craft store)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Bar and that template is perfect for this sketch! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card! I just love all that Paper Piercing!

    Hugs
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Barbara, I love all that paper piercing, looks soooo fabulous!!! Just beautiful!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara, i have to thank you this week for reminding me about my Ornare templates! i have this one in my collection...must remember to use them more! Very pretty card :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Barbara! I love the colours you used and that paper piercing is fabulous - it's something I haven't tried yet but I may have to having seen your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! this is such an elegant card.. love it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!