Monday, March 16, 2009

Sweet One


One of my co-workers has a friend that just found out she is pregnant so my co-worker asked me to make a card for her to send to her friend now--as a "congratulations" card. It's too early to know whether it's a boy or a girl, so we decided to go with yellow :)

I found the template here. The base card is using DSP from this year's Sale-a-bration catalog called Delicate Dots. I "lined" the inside with Whisper White and added a punched out heart from the card front paper. One the outside, I cut/embossed several sizes of circles from Whisper White card stock with my Petite Circle Nestabilities dies and fashioned the neck, arm, and leg trim from them. The sentiment is from, I think, last year's Sale a bration catalog, and was stamped on Whisper White with So Saffron ink and is up on 3M foam squares. A bow from 1/8" double faced satin ribbon and some tiny flat-backed pearls trim it out. I think she'll like it!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Unknown by me (SU!)

Paper: Whisper White; Delicate Dots(SU!)
Ink: So Saffron (SU!)

Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, flat-backed pearls, 1/4" DF satin ribbon (craft store)


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I haven't seen one quite this shape, and you have embellished it so beautifully! Such a fun card to make--and lots more opportunities for card creating, huh?!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh super sweet! I love all the pearls!! She will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable! What a darling baby card and the pearls all over are just the best touch. Totally darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!