Friday, January 23, 2009

'tis the season

Well, it is if you're in the Christmas Card Challenge at SCS, LOL. This card is for that and Mercy's Tuesday sketch #26. Yeah, I'm still behind. But, I really LOVE this sketch so I'm doing it. Do check out Mercy's sketches--they're always great.

My base card is Very Vanilla with a layer of Always Artichoke, a layer of Ruby Red, and a layer of DP from Basic Grey's Wassail 6 x 6 pad. The next element is Ruby Red with another pattern from that collection and a ribbon and bow is tied around on top of it. The focal image is a Karen Lockhart stamp that was stamped on watercolor paper with Basic Brown, and water colored with Stampin' markers and a blender pen. I then heavily sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel. It's layered on Ruby Red and Always Artichoke and is attached with 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on Very Vanilla in Ruby Red with a stamp from Martha Stewart's Clear Christmas Tree set. It was cut/embossed with circle Nestablilties, sponged with Creamy Caramel, and matted on Always Artichoke mat. It's also up on foam squares. I love the vintage feel of this paper--it reminds me of old-fashioned wallpaper. I love this card--hope you do too!

Thanks for dropping in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Christmas Rose Stocking (Lockhart); Clear Christmas Tree Set (Martha Stewart)
Paper: Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, water color (SU!); Wassail 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Basic Brown (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store)

3 comments:

  1. this is fantabulous, barbara! love the colors and the dps...beautifully done!

    thanks for playing along with the sketch and i hope to see you again next week!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is precious! Just such a sweet image!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very very pretty. Just blurfing today, and glad I found your blog. Your work is very very pretty! Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!