Saturday, January 24, 2009

A gift for a friend

This gift box of note cards is for a very dear friend. I got the idea a couple of weeks ago from a card I made for a challenge. I guess I'm CASEing myself, LOL.

All of the base cards are Whisper White with a layer of Certainly Celery. Then they each have a different DP from Basic Grey's Eva 6 x 6 pad along with the pink solid included in the collection. A celery green ribbon was tied around, where the papers meet, in a bow. I stamped the monogram with Just Rite's 1 5/8" round Harmony stamper, the Brayton Font and a border from the 10 Designer Centers and Borders set on Whisper White with Bravo Burgundy ink. The monogram and the layers were cut out with large and small circle and large scalloped circle Nestabilities dies and the whole thing was mounted on 3M foam squares. Each sentiment, stamped with Bravo Burgundy, is different and all are from SU!'s Sincere Salutations set. Three Fresh Cut Grass Dew Drops balance the left lower corner.

After they were done, I put them in a clear box and tied a rich burgundy ribbon around it. Pretty simple, but very pretty, too, and easy and quick. You can't get any better than that. I think my friend will like the set.

Thanks for dropping in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Sincere Salutations (SU!); Brayton Font, 10 Designer Centers and Borders (Just Rite)
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Bravo Burgundy (SU!); Eva 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities; Harmony 1 5/8" round stamper (Just Rite); ribbon x 2, 3M foam square (craft store); clear box (Clear Bags)

3 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!