Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Come on in, it's time to party!

Instead of having to hear the door bell ring over and over during my open house, I decided to put this hang tag on the door handle to tell people to come on in! I got the base at Michaels and simply glued DP to it, water colored the cardinal from A Cardinal Christmas set, matted it, attached it, and embellished with ribbon. The message was done with my Just Rite Brayton font letters and the small Harmony rectangular block. To get the letters to curve around the hole, I snipped between the letters and gently pulled them apart. Then I glued them on with my Quickie glue pen. I wish I could take credit for this idea for the letters but I can't. I saw it on one of the blogs I watch but I can't remember whose it was. I do know it was for a Halloween card, so if anyone remembers seeing it please let me know. If I find it, I'll edit this post to give credit. I chose the cardinal 'cause the tree on the front porch is done all in cardinals and as I mentioned in my first post today, I have the woodland theme going on out there. Gotta match, you know ;-) This project was easy to do and lots of people commented on it. This cardinal was easy to do--I stamped on water color paper with Basic Black ink and colored him with my Stampin' markers and my blender pen.

Here's the full view:




















Here's a close-up of the cardinal:
















And here's a close-up of the message:
















Thanks for checking out today's offerings!

~Recipe~
Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas (SU!), Brayton font (Just Rite)
Paper: Figgy (Basic Grey), water color, Very Vanilla (SU!)
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Only Orange, Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories: blender pen, sponge, emery board, glue stick, sanding block, ribbon (craft store)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Barb! I have posted your link on my blog tomorrow--I am so glad you're back, I missed you! I really love this cardinal, I know I'll regret not getting it, but looking at all my stamp sets...oh my, I just can't get any more right now!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!