Thursday, November 06, 2008

So Grateful

This is my card for the sketch challenge this week--#201. Great sketch for another Thanksgiving card. One more, I think, and I can move on to Christmas!!!

It's also for a challenge over on Paper Craft Planet, a great new place for paper crafters to hang out. If you haven't been there yet, hop on over and see what's happenin'! Anyway, this challenge is to make a thankful card using a Gina K stamp. Well, that was a no-brainer--her So Grateful set is perfect!! I stamped the cornucopia image in Basic Brown on watercolor paper and colored it with my Stampin' Markers and blender pen. I sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel and layered it first on Pumpkin Pie and then Old Olive.

My card base is So Saffron. The next element is Pumpkin Pie on Old Olive. I added 3 brads in colors to match the DP that I put on the next element. The DP is matted with Old Olive, as well. The sentiment was stamped on Pumpkin Pie with Basic Brown, cut/embossed with a Nestabilities ribbon slider die, and tied around the DP element with green/gold woven ribbon. I'm thinkin' I'm likin' it a lot. It may go in my keeper file, LOL! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest effort!

~Recipe~
Stamps: So Grateful (Gina K)
Paper: Water color paper, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive (SU!), DP (craft store)
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Basic Brown, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, So Saffron (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilites ribbon slider die, brads and ribbon (craft store)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Wonderful warm colours and your colouring is fabulous! Great job with both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, this is beautiful! I so like the rich depth of the coloring. I did not realize they had challenges at Paper Planet....I need to check it out a little more carefully!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!