Thursday, November 13, 2008

Prim Americana

This card is for the Color Throwdown challenge #19: Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy, and Bordering Blue. Well, as soon as I saw these colors I thought Primative Americana!!!! It just shouts it out to me, LOL!!!

So, I chose to do a patriotic theme with it and pulled out my retired God Bless America stamp. My base card is Very Vanilla the edges of which I "distressed" a bit with a sponge and my Creamy Caramel stamp pad. I then added a layer of Not Quite Navy and one of Bravo Burgundy. The focal image is layered on Not Quite Navy, Bordering Blue, and Bravo Burgundy and is stamped with Not Quite Navy and Bravo Burgundy. The sentiment is from the same set and is stamped on a distressed Very Vanilla ribbon slider that was cut/embossed with a Nestabilities die. The burgundy ribbon and three brads finish it off. I really like these colors with this stamp set and I see more cards like this in my future. Thanks for visiting today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: God Bless America (SU!)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy, and Bordering Blue (SU!)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy. Not Quite Navy (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities die, ribbon and brads (craft store)

3 comments:

  1. *slapping forehead* Now I wish I had used my Kinkaid stamp for this challenge with the flag on the front porch! It's perfectly Primitive America colors! Awesome card, Barbara! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card - thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!