Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just Chicken Up On You

This card is for Day 3 of Paper Craft Planet's Twelve Days Of Christmas contest, which requires one to use a hen, or a rooster, or an owl. Well, since I used an owl *last* night, I had to use the only chicken stamp I have. MFT Punny Farm to the rescue! This baby is BRIGHT!

My base card is Yoyo Yellow with a layer of Basic Black then Whisper White. Then I added a layer of DP from Basic Grey's Offbeat collection. My focal image is stamped with StazOn Jet Black on Whisper White and colored with my Stampin' markers in Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, and Ruby Red, with a little shadow of Baja Breeze. It's layered on Baja Breeze and then Basic Black. I sewed two yellow buttons on the black and white checked ribbon with DMC embroidery floss (Black #310) and tied it around the card. For the Sentiment, I used only half at a time and curved it to fit the oval. I like how it turned out! Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Punny Farm (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Yoyo Yellow, Offbeat DP (Basic Grey)
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Ruby Red, and Baja Breeze
Accessories: black and white ribbon, buttons (craft store), Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, DMC floss #310

3 comments:

  1. Darn, this is cute! I haven't had a chance to play any more of these....time just keeps on tickin, tickin, tickin into the future!!! Maybe tonight!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barbara,
    Nice site you have there. I am a collector of chicken stamps (those for snail mail) and do have a google alert for that. Your site came up. My wife is also a cardmaker and does have s site where you can see some of those.
    http://mijnkaarten.net/Hanneke/
    So I do know something about it.
    Greetings,
    Cees

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://mijnkaarten.net/Hanneke/
    This is the site of my wife who makes also cards.
    I did found your nice blog because I have a google alert for chicken stamp. I collect (also) chickenstamps (the one you use on your -snail- mail.)
    I do know something about cards...lol
    greetings Cees
    http://stampy.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!