Thursday, November 20, 2008

Glitter Bird

This card is for the Splitcoast sketch challenge this week. It's a great sketch and I went with Christmas!

My base card is Very Vanilla, then a layer of Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, and Tempting Turquoise. I tied a ribbon around this and added a bow. The four corner elements are layers of Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Tempting Turquoise and a pattern from Basic Grey's Dasher collection. The focal image is from Flourishes All That Glitters set. I received this image in a swap. I'd requested it on water color paper so at first I was going to water color it. Then, as I was deciding on colors, I remembered that these ornaments were covered in glitter so I decided to go with that. I got out my Martha Stewart glitter in Peridot, Yellow Gold, Turquoise, and Rose Quartz. Using the glue that came with the glitter. I covered each area one at a time with glue and sprinkled the glitter on. I then matted this image with Tempting Turquoise, Pretty In Pink, and Certainly Celery. I stamped the little sentiment from Verve's Wonderful Wishes in Tempting Turquoise in the corner and it was finished. It's a little bit different but I'm liking it. Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
All That Glitters (Flourishes), Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper:
water color paper, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Tempting Turquoise (SU!), Dasher DP (Basic Grey)
In
k: unknown black, Tempting Turquoise (SU!)
Accessories:
Ribbon (craft store), glitter (Martha Stewart)

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! This reminds me of the bird ornaments on my grandmother's Christmas tree. One by one, they've gotten broken, but I still have a couple. AND I just bought a huge assortment of MS glitter, but haven't had time to break into it yet. Now I am really chomping at the bit!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brightness and the sparkle! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!