Friday, November 14, 2008

Floral Flourishes

This card is for Paper Craft Planet's very first color challenge! I couldn't miss that, now, could I? Definitely an "interesting" color combination: Really Rust, Real Red, Basic Gray (or Going Gray), and Whisper White. It took some thinking, but I persevered and I'm liking it pretty well.

I started looking through my DP and a light bulb came on: I have lots of Basic Gray 6 x 6 pads and I thought there was BOUND to be something I could use for this card among all that paper. And there was!

My base card is Basic Gray card stock with a layer of Real Red, then Really Rust, and then a layer of DP from Basic Grey's Ambrosia collection. Perfect. All of the colors are in this DP, although you can't see them since I covered most of it up! But they're there, trust me :)

My focal image is an Inkadinkado stamp from the Floral Flourishes set. I inked up the stamp with Stampin' Markers in Basic Gray, Really Rust, and Real Red and stamped it on Whisper White card stock. I sponged the edges with a Going Gray ink pad and a sponge. Some Bird of Paradise Dew Drops add some balance to this element. It was then matted with Really Rust, Real Red, and Basic Gray card stock. Some satin ribbon with a flat bow runs across the bottom of the card. The sentiment is stamped with a stamp from MFT's Essential Sentiments set in Basic Gray on Whisper White, sponged with Going Gray ink, and matted with Ambrosia DP and Basic Gray card stock. Each layer was cut/embossed with a round Nestabilities die. This one took some thought but I'm liking it. Thanks for checking it out!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Floral Flourishes (Inkadinkado), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Really Rust, Real Red (SU!), Ambrosia DP (Basic Grey)
Ink: Going Gray, Basic Gray, Real Red, Really Rust (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, large and small round Nestabilities dies, Dew Drops, ribbon (craft store)

1 comment:

  1. I thought too of how well the Ambrosia paper would work for that challenge, but haven't had time to play yet! Your card is beautiful, Barbara! That stamp is a perfect compliment to the flair of the Ambrosia paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!