Friday, November 07, 2008

Fabulous Anniversary

This card is for two challenges: Color Throwdown #18, and the Verve Holiday Release Sketch Challenge - Day 1 over at Splitcoast--I'm finally getting to them! YAY!!!

The Color Throwdown colors for this week are: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Pale Plum. Nice colors together, I think. The sketch is a great one--very easy to use to mass produce, and I'm sure I will for Christmas cards.

OK, on to the card. My base is Pale Plum and the sentiment is stamped on it with Chocolate Chip with a stamp from Verve's Anniversary Birds set. The main element is first Chocolate Chip with a layer of Old Olive that's been run through my precious little Cuttlebug with the Textile folder. A brown satin ribbon is tied around and Prima flowers in the challenge colors are grouped as the focal image and are attached with jewel brads. You can't tell from the picture, but the stones are pale plum in color. That's it--very simple but I really like it! Thanks for dropping in and taking a look!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Anniversary Birds (Verve)
Paper: Pale Plum, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Textile embossing folder, ribbon and brads (craft store), Prima flowers

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Oh, I really love this card!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Barb, this is a beauty! Thanks for playing too!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is beautiful! You have really been making some gorgeous cards, and this is top-notch! The Primas match beautifully, too! Did you color them or did they come that way? Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!