Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Dear Kind and Wonderful Friend

Another thank you card. And a card for the SCS Color challenge # 188. The colors for this challenge are Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, and Whisper White. The colors just called out for a girlie card and it all popped into my head and it turned out exactly like I imagined it--no struggling with this one. I love it when a plan comes together, LOL.

I started with a Whisper White card base and added a Basic Black and then a Pirouette Pink layer. The focal image, from the SU! All Holidays set, was stamped on Whisper White with Basic Black ink and layered in the same manner. I took two of the flowers and stamped them with Basic Black ink and my Posy backgrounder stamp to add a little contrast. I attached all the flowers with black brads. Pink and white and black and white checked ribbons added a little balance. I love the way this card turned out. I hope you like it too! Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe: Stamps--All Holidays, Posy backgrounder (SU!); Paper--Whisper White, Basic Black, Pirouette Pink (SU!), Ink--Basic Black; Accessories--brads/ribbon (craft store), fabric flowers (Wal*Mart), Prima flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!