Friday, September 19, 2008

Get Well Wishes

I've had this stamp for a while and decided to pull it out for a get well card. I also pulled out some DP I've had for a while and wanted to use. The card base is Very Vanilla card stock and the DP colors match Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery, and Barely Banana really well. I really love Riding Hood Red--it's a gorgeous red that I'm sure I'll be using a lot. It's a simple card with just layers of paper and card stock, but I like it. The sentiment is from Kitchen Sink's Never a Loss 4 Words set and is stamped on the flower stems. For a little bling, I added some gold rhinestone accents to the centers of the flowers, which were stamped on Very Vanilla card stock and sponged with Certainly Celery ink (I'm having trouble NOT sponging edges any more, LOL). Since this card is going out of the country, I didn't use dimensionals on the focal image like I probably would otherwise.

Recipe: Stamps--Constellations (Penny Black), Never a Loss 4 Words (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Paper--Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Riding Hood Red (SU!), DP (Hobby Lobby); Ink--Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Riding Hood Red (SU!); Accessories--gold rhinestones (Michaels).

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!