Thursday, September 18, 2008

Color Throwdown #11

The Color Throwdown challenge colors for week # 11 are: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Baja Breeze. At first I thought, what can I do with these, LOL!? Then I started going through my stamps and found an Inkadinkado hydrangea stamp that would be perfect!

I started by stamping the image in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White card stock. I was going to leave it like that but then I decided to put a wash of color on it. *IF* I'd thought ahead, I'd have used watercolor paper and waterproof ink, but as it turned out, it's OK. I used my reinkers, water, and a brush for the color wash--Old Olive for the leaves and Baja Breeze for the flower head and I added a little bling with a Sakura glitter pen. Then I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip and mounted it on Chocolate Chip card stock and is up on pieces of foam tape. The card base is Baja Breeze and the Old Olive element is layered on Chocolate Chip, to tie it all together. A brown ribbon was tied around this element and brown brads balance the layout at the top. The sentiment is from the Essence of Love set.

I'm liking this card and the colors, now that I figured out a way to make them work. I'm also liking this hydrangea stamp and can see using it in different colors in the future. Thanks for visiting and looking at my cards.

Recipe: Stamps--hydrangea (Inkadinkado), Essence of Love (SU!); Paper--Whisper White, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze (SU!); Ink--Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze (SU!); Accessories--ribbon, brads, foam tape (craft store).

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Barb! You rocked the challenge with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, this is gorgeous! I thought the same thing when I saw the challenge at first, but I really like the combination now! This is just a really pretty card! Thanks for playing!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. See....the colors really aren't too bad! I basically used them the same....the trunk of a tree, the leaves, and well...I don't even know what I used the blue for! Oh - designer paper - (I cheated a bit!) Your card turned out beautifully! Thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!