Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Snowflakes and beads

Yep, I'm working on Christmas again :) This time, I've made ornaments from chipboard coasters. I got the idea from Laura at Scrapnextras. You can see what she did with this idea here. In past years, I've put an artificial prelit evergreen garland over the double doors that lead from our dining room into our office and hung Christmas cards on it. This year I'm doing something different. I'm going to decorate that garland with a "Let It Snow" theme. To this end, I've made some beaded snowflakes and icicles using shades of blue, and embellished chipboard coasters as ornaments. I didn't have a snowflake background stamp so I made one. I used the individual snowflake stamps from a set from Paper Studio and placed them randomly on a large acrylic block. I inked the snowflakes with my Stampin' Spots in Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, and Bashful Blue. I also stamped the letters in these colors with a retired SU! alphabet set on oval pieces I'd cut with my Cuttlebug and small oval Nestabilities. I then pasted the coaster (just smeared a glue stick all over it) onto the stamped paper and trimmed off the excess. Then I put a strip of ribbon that matches the colors perfectly. I got this ribbon at A C Moore months ago with no purpose in mind, I just liked it. Next, I cut borders in those three colors with my small scalloped oval Nestabilities. Glued them in place and made a hanger with the ribbon. So easy and, I think, so cute!

The snowflakes were done on snowflake forms and I used heavy beading wire for the icicles. They all match very nicely with the coaster ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!