Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Black and white elegance.

OK, last one for today, and my favorite so far.

I guess I could have made a Red Hat card for this, but since the event at which I'll give it to my former Queen Mum is not a Red Hat event, and since this design popped into my mind and I wanted to make it NOW, that's what I did! White generic card stock embossed with a Cuttlebug D-Vine Swirls embossing folder, mounted on craft store black textured card stock (I have lots of Stampin' Up paper on the way but I wanted to use up some of what I have on hand). The bird stamp is from Inkadinkadoo and the sentiment is from Kitchen Sink Stamps, both stamped using a VersaFine ink pad. The sheer ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and the faceted jewels are from Michaels. I like this card a lot. Wish I was happier with the picture quality--this card is definitely WHITE and black. I can see a real improvement with my card-making skills with this card.

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!