Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June Creative Construction with Blueprints–A Stitch in Time

ccwithbp_2016jun28

Hi, everyone, it’s time for another MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints Design Team Challenge!

We hear you - you love stitched elements. Die-namics that feature this hand-sewn detail are always a hit. Our line of Blueprints Die-namics includes an endless variety of stitches - from layering pieces to dynamic shaped borders, we’ve got a little bit of everything. This month, we’ve challenged our team to showcase innovative ways of incorporating stitched accents into their projects.


MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar
I had a ton of fun creating this card! I was inspired to give little PI girl a bikini by my fabulous MFT teammate Francine, and decided to make it an “itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, yellow polka dot bikini”. Anybody else remember that? Ha!

So, I started with a
Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I did a watercolor wash on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Peerless Watercolors in two colors—one for sand and one for the sea. I’ve had this design in my head for weeks and finally got around to it! I cut them—and Sweet Tooth card stock for the frame--with Snow Drifts Cover-Up Die-namics, created my sand and sea background and popped it up on a layer of Sweet Tooth card stock cut with Blueprints 25 die-namics with foam mounting tape. This Blueprints element is the same size as an A2 card base so it fills up the base entirely for a layerless look.

ccwithbp_2016jun28b

Then I stamped PI Fun In the Sun on X-Press It Blending card, colored with Copic markers, fussy cut her out, and popped her up on foam. The sentiment was stamped on more Ranger Watercolor Paper cut with a sweet stitched flag from Blueprints 29 Die-namics. I finished off with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins in Aquamarine and some Raindrops.

And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
PI Fun In the Sun (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper; X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Snow Drift Cover-Up Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics, Blueprints 29 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); Copic markers, Raindrops

1newsignature

4 comments:

  1. love the coloring and also how the blueprint resembles waves on the water. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara--How clever you are! I love that you took the Snow drifts cover-up and used it not only as the water, but the beach! I never get tired of water and beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. And I do remember the itsy bitsy, teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!