Friday, April 15, 2016

Hello–MFT Color Challenge #43

MFTCPC43_2016apr15

Hi, all, I'm back with this week's MFT Color Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s color combo: Tropical Teal, Persimmon, Lemon Drop, and Limelight. All of the details about the color challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFT_ColorChallenge_PaintBook_43
What a SWEET color combo!!! I love it—so Spring-y! With that in mind, I went with flowers, and what better than a vase full of Beautiful Blooms? I started with a Primitive White card stock base. Next layer is some Watercolor Paper Pad on which I did a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors. Then I tore the edges all around, stamped the sentiment with Chocolate Brown dye ink, and popped it up on foam mounting tape on the base. I used Watercolor Paper Pad because it’s not pure white and I blends better with the card base.

MFTCPC43_2016apr15b

I used Sweet Tooth card stock to cut Beautiful Blooms Die-namics, though, because I didn’t want to change the colors once I stamped Beautiful Blooms with Daffodil dye ink and Sour Apple Dye ink. I cut the vase from Translucent Vellem, arranged and adhered the vase and flowers, and finished off with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

And there you have it for the current
MFT Color Challenge! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1springsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Beautiful Blooms (MFT)
Ink:
Daffodil dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Chocolate Brown dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Watercolor Paper Pad, Translucent Vellum (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Beautiful Blooms Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, Peerless Watercolors (MFT)

1springsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!