Thursday, January 28, 2016

Love U–MFT Color Challenge #38

MFTCPC38_2016jan28

Hi, all, I'm back with this week's MFT Color Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s color combo: Lemon Chiffon, Peach Bellini, Coral Crush, and Pure Plum. All of the details about the color challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

Print
I’ll admit it. This combo scared me! But I pondered and pondered and came up with what I thought was a workable plan, and in the end, I love it!! That’s what a challenge is all about, right? To take you out of your comfort zone. To stretch your creativity. Yep. It did that and I’m glad.

So, on to the card. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then, on some Ranger Watercolor paper, I did a wash with Peerless Watercolors in the challenge colors, cut out the center with Heart STAX Die-namics and set about creating a shaker element. For that I stamped Mini Hearts Background on Sweet Tooth card stock with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, and used that for the back. I used foam mounting tape and Pretty Pink Posh sequins for the filler and heat resistant acetate for the window.

MFTCPC38_2016jan28b

After that was assembled, I stamped up some Sweet Tooth card stock with Plaid Background Builder and the inks in the challenge colors: Pure Plum dye ink, Coral Crush dye ink, Peach Bellini dye ink, and Lemon Chiffon dye ink. I cut that with Blueprints 7 Die-namics, popped it up on foam, and added the “U”, cut with High-Rise Alphabet Uppercase Die-namics from Silver Sparkle card stock and adhered it. I cut four copies of the “love” from Love & Adore You Die-namics, glued them together and adhered it to complete the sentiment. I finished off with some hearts cut with Tag Builder Blueprints 5 Die-namics.

And there you have it! Challenge accepted and met, methinks :) Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you playing along with us. See you soon!

1winterssupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps: Plaid Background Builder,
Mini Hearts Background (MFT)
Ink:
Pure Plum dye ink, Coral Crush dye ink, Peach Bellini dye ink, Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Pure Plum card stock, Silver Sparkle card stock, heat resistant acetate, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Blueprints 7 Die-namics, Heart STAX Die-namics, High-Rise Alphabet Uppercase Die-namics,
Love & Adore You Die-namics, Tag Builder Blueprints 5 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, Peerless Watercolors (MFT); heat tool

1wintersignature

1 comment:

  1. Barb, I am enjoying your color wash card style. This color challenge turned out just right. I am a big fan of shaker cards too and yours is extra nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!