Friday, May 01, 2015

I Think You’re Spectacular–C4C #284

C4C284_2015may2

Hi, everyone! It’s that crazy time of the week, Crazy 4 Challenges! I’m hosting this month and I have what I think are some fun challenges so I hope you’ll make some time to play along with us.

There are ALL kinds of "holidays" anymore, have you noticed? One of the "monthly" observances for May (in the US, at least) is Healthy Vision Month. I know we're all aware of how precious vision is, so let's celebrate it this week. Your project should have something related to vision or eyes on it. Use your imagination--the "eyes" have it this week!

I’m using the adorable LLD Geek is Chic and  LLD Geek is Chic Glasses Die-namics to fulfill the challenge on my card. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then cut another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock with Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics and stenciled on some white embossing paste through Jumbled Letters Stencil, then matted it with Black Licorice card stock and popped it up on foam mounting tape. The glasses were cut from Safety Orange card stock and I drew the tortoiseshell design on with a Copic marker then covered with Glossy Accents. I did a video on this technique some time back and you can find it HERE if you want to see it. I popped them up on bits of foam, too and added googly eyes ;-) Next I cut LJD Terrific Ties (being released on May 5th at 10pm) from some Razzle Berry card stock stamped with LJD Spring Backgrounds and Black Licorice dye ink, popping it up, as well. The sentiment is from LLD Geek Is Chic (I love how so many MFT products play well together!), was stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder and popped up on foam. To finish off, I added some stars cut from silver glitter paper and wood veneer paper using Scattered Stars Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics (soon to be released) and Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics.

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from another soon-to-be-released set, LJD For the Boys.

C4C284_2015may2in


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our May Guest Designer, Broni Holcombe!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C284.

Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
For the Boys, LJD Spring Backgrounds, LLD Geek is Chic (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Razzle Berry card stock, Safety Orange card stock (MFT); wood veneer paper, silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Terrific Ties Die-namics,
Blueprints 25 Die-namics, LLD Geek is Chic Glasses Die-namics, Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics, Scattered Stars Die-namics, Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics, Jumbled Letters Stencil, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen, white detail embossing powder, white embossing paste (MFT); googly eyes


1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable idea to use the googly eyes in the glasses!! And I really love the hot pink bow tie and the subtle background! Such a fun card, Bar!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!