Wednesday, April 08, 2015

You’re a True Friend–CTD #337

 CTD337_2015apr8

Hi, all, welcome to this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! I’m hosting this week and decided to use this fabulous scene from Rome for my inspiration piece. I’m dreaming of the day I get to go back but this will have to hold me until then ;-)



swatch 337

I started with a Kraft card stock base, then created my background on a piece of Ranger watercolor paper. To do that, I simply smooshed my Blueberry dye ink pad and my Blu Raspberry dye ink pad on my craft sheet, spritzed them with water and dragged my paper through it. I did this a several times to get the intensity I wanted—best to start light, you can always add color when you can’t easily take it away. When It was what I wanted, I dried it with my heat tool and cut it out with Blueprints 24 Die-namics, stamped the sentiment from True Friends with Black Licorice dye ink, and popped it up on foam mounting tape. My flowers and leaves are using Modern Blooms and Modern Blooms Die-namics and were stamped with Orange Zest dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, and Black Licorice dye ink. They were also popped up on foam and the card was finished off with some enamel dots.

Another sentiment from True Friends was stamped on the inside. 

CTD337_2015apr8in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD337 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd337 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented April Guest Designer, Karen Giron!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Karen Giron – April Guest Designer        

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
True Friends, Modern Blooms (MFT)
Ink:
Blueberry dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Orange Zest dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 24 Die-namics, Modern Blooms Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); enamel dots

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

7 comments:

  1. such a sweet card. you are making it hard for me to resist those flowers and that sentiment set. lovely, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Barb. Such pretty flowers... and another amazing background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeyootiful! I LOVE that blue background! (And it's all your fault I had to order those flowers!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! I love the combination of blue and orange + craft and green it just fits so perfectly! I will most definitely try to come up with a card for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the new flowers and keep telling myself I don't need more flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the clusters of flowers at the corners of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful blue background, Bar, and I looove the clusters of flowers...beautifully done!!! Thanks for the great color combo this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!