Monday, December 22, 2014

A Jolly Hello, Cleverly Disguising a Gift Card Holder

dylangiftcard_2014dec20

Hi, everyone, are you all ready for Christmas? I think I’m all done with shopping, this was my last gift to buy—and “wrap”. Since it’s a gift card for the kid next door, I thought I’d make a special holder for it.

I started with a Berrylicious card stock base, then built my scene using MSTN Christmas Cuteness and MSTN Christmas Cuteness Die-namics, cut from X-Press It Blending Card, stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink, and colored with Copic markers. I used Blueprints 21 Die-namics and Lemon Drop card stock and Banana Split card stock for the sun, and Sweet Tooth card stock for the Flat-Bottom Clouds Die-namics and Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics. I popped layers up on foam and tied hemp cord around after stamping the sentiment with Black Licorice hybrid ink.

On the inside, Gift Card Pocket – Horizontal Die-namics was cut from the new Brown Paper Bag card stock and assembled. Brown Paper Bag card stock is AWESOME for creating pockets!! It’s lighter in weight than Kraft card stock so it creates less bulk—love it! I stamped a sentiment from Gifting Fun on the pocked with Wild Cherry dye ink and Black Licorice hybrid ink and adhered it to a panel of Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Sheet Music Background and Black Licorice hybrid ink. It, and the Wild Cherry card stock layer under it, were cut with dies from Blueprints 20 Die-namics

dylangiftcard_2014dec20in


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you again soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
MSTN Christmas Cuteness, Sheet Music Background, Gifting Fun (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Wild Cherry dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Berrylicious card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Banana Split card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Brown Paper Bag card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Gift Card Pocket - Horizontal Die-namics, MSTN Christmas Cuteness Die-namics, Blueprints 20 Die-namics, Flat-Bottom Clouds Die-namics, Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape, Copic markers

1CAS Signature2

2 comments:

  1. Love this Merry Christmas, looking forward to more of your beautiful cards in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, I still need to pick this set up, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!