Sunday, October 26, 2014

Merry Christmas–SSSC #242

SSSC242_2014oct26


Hi, all, it’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Today, Karen has given us another classic sketch so I hope to see lots of you playing along with us.


SSSC242

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then stamped up another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock with my fave candy cane image from Plaid Builder Background and Wild Cherry ink. I trimmed it down and popped it up on the base on foam. Next I added a piece of red glitter paper for some contrast. I cut some X-Press It Blending Card with Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics and stamped the image from PI Christmas Banner on it with Black Licorice hybrid ink, then colored it with Copic markers. I popped it up on foam and finished off with a couple of holly leaves cut with Christmas Ornaments Die-namics, then added red pearls for the berries.

A sentiment from PI Christmas Banner was stamped on the inside.

SSSC242_2014oct26in


And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!



1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps: PI Christmas Banner, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink: Wild Cherry ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth card stock, Jellybean Green card stock (MFT); red glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics, Christmas Ornaments Die-namics (MFT); Copic markers, red pearls, foam tape


1CAS Signature2

8 comments:

  1. This is darling! The background paper looks like a big candy cane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! Such a pretty candy cane Christmas feel to your card and your coloring looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet Barb, love that Pi and your candy cane BG!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is so sweet - the paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo! I don't know what happened to my previous comment. I hope it doesn't show up twice Bar. Love, love, love this precious PI image and your coloring is amazing. I love the added sparkle element and of course the little bit of holly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card. Love this adorable PI image. I am so glad I got her, Love the background your stamped too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Beautiful colouring

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not love this anymore than I do! The background, your coloring, the glitter paper, the holly and berries. GENIUS. Can this be my Christmas card? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!