Saturday, July 19, 2014

Ahoy–C4C #245

C4C245_2014jul19


Hey, there, peeps! It’s time for another Crazy 4 Challenges card. This week is sketch week and Frances has another great one for us.


C4C245-Sketch

The base of this card is Sweet Tooth card stock. Next I trimmed down a piece of Sno Cone card stock and stenciled it with Berrylicious ink and Waves Stencil. For the left hand vertical element, I used MPD Fishnet Stencil and added some embossing paste. I love how embossing paste adds dimension without adding another layer with the accompanying bulk.

Next I added a strip of Kraft card stock stamped with Versamark and the anchors from Go Overboard and popped that up on foam. With cotton yarn, I tied on a sailor’s knot, then added the port hole from Let’s Get Nautical Die-namics, cut from metallic silver card stock, distressed with Kraft ink, and popped up on foam. The sentiment, also from Go Overboard, was stamped on a Sentiment Strips Die-namics die cut with Steel Gray ink, trimmed, and also popped up on foam. I finished it off with some clear gems, like bubbles floating to the top ;-)

Another sentiment from Go Overboard was stamped on the inside with Steel Gray ink.


C4C245_2014jul19in


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our July Guest Designer, Kelly Booth!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C245.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Go Overboard (MFT)
Ink:
Berrylicious ink, Kraft ink, Steel Gray ink (MFT); Versafine
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sno Cone card stock, Kraft card stock (MFT); metallic silver card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Sentiment Strips Die-namics, Let’s Get Nautical Die-namics, MPD Fishnet Stencil, Waves Stencil (MFT); foam tape, cotton yarn, clear gems, embossing paste

1CAS Signature2

6 comments:

  1. This is the cutest card I've seen made for this challenge. Absolutely adore it - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch ... the knotted strip is just the perfect touch.
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bar, you are the best card maker ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love the look of the multiple stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously cannot even STOP looking at this! I swear, this may be my most FAVORITE Bar creation ever! You are such a rock star...oh, and by the way, I MISS YOU!! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOOOL idea to stencil on some paste for the left-side panel! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!