Wednesday, April 23, 2014

You’re My Best Friend–MFTWSC #173

MFTWSC173_2014apr23


Hey, there! It’s Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC173

Several weeks ago, several members of my Color Throwdown team got together for a weekend of fun. We laughed A LOT, ate too much, talked incessantly, and created a little. One thing we did was practice using a Gelli plate. This background paper is one that I did and I kinda like how it turned out so I decided to use it on this card.

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then added my Gelli plate creation, popped up on foam. I then cut some Sweet Tooth card stock with Designer Labels 3 STAX Die-namics, stamped the sentiment, from Complimentary Greetings with Steel Gray ink, and adhered it to the card. I cut Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics from Steel Gray card stock, popped it up on foam, and added a Blu Raspberry button, tied with gray twine. To finish it off, I added some enamel dots.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside with Steel Gray ink.


MFTWSC173_2014apr23in


And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by—hope to see you playing along this week!


1CAS Supplies2






~Supplies~
Stamps:
Complimentary Greetings (MFT
Ink:
Steel Gray ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Steel Gray card stock (MFT); GP 110lb card stock for Gelli plate paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Designer Labels 3 STAX Die-namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Blu Raspberry button (MFT); enamel dots, Gelli plate, paints, foam tape, gray hemp

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. This turned out SO awesome! LOVE the color combo, and it just works perfectly for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I recognize that background! It's absolutely PERFECT as a backdrop for that awesome sentiment panel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not usually one for abstract, random backgrounds - but I absolutely love this. It's so bold and the bits of straight lines focus right to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...