Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Thinking of You–CTD #290

CTD290_2014apr30


Happy Wednesday! It’s time for another Color Throwdown challenge! Today Tammy has a fabulous color combo for us based on her awesome inspiration photo.



swatch 290

I decided to go all graphic with my card today. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then cut Triangle Screen Die-namics from another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock. I used the cut outs and stamped some images from Washi Patterns and More Washi Patterns with Banana Split ink, Berrylicious ink, and SU! Cameo Coral. I also cut some Banana Split card stock, Berrylicious card stock, and Cameo Coral card stock with the die to get some solid triangles.

Next I adhered the Triangle Screen Die-namics to my card base and started popping in my little triangles randomly until I was happy, then I adhered them. I stamped the sentiment, from MPD Winged Beauties, on a strip of Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice Hybrid ink and popped it up on foam. To finish it off, I added some coordinating enamel dots.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.


CTD290_2014apr30in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the
Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD290 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

And speaking of the design team, it is with much sadness that we say good bye to Melody. This will be her last post and we will miss her gorgeous layouts as, I’m sure, will you. Be sure to stop by her blog and leave her some love.

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Melody Rupple
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Jeanne Jachna – April Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2






~Supplies~
Stamps:
Washi Patterns. More Washi Patterns, MPD Winged Beauties (MFT)
Ink: Banana Split ink, Berrylicious ink,
Black Licorice Hybrid ink (MFT); Cameo Coral (SU!)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Triangle Screen Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, enamel dots


1CAS Signature2

13 comments:

  1. Fun card! The triangles and primary colors look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love how the few random triangles keep it clean and simple. You have selected a great variety of patterns that make this totally fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet, sweet card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design! Love the little pops of color against the white backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the random pops of color in this triangle pattern! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freakin' LOVE how this turned out! The geometrics are fantastic, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally need to CASE this - Love how clean it looks, yet so much color and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you laid in the triangles. Thank you so much for having me the Color Throwdown Team.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly graphic!! Love the white on white with pops of color/patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome design with the all the colorful triangles against the white background...fair warning...I'll be casing this beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! It looks like a party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Barb. Love the sweet little triangles and the different colors and patters. So neat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!! The triangle BG die is perfect....just the right amount of color pop!! You have been one busy girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...