Saturday, April 26, 2014

Rain or Shine–C4C #233

C4C233_2014apr26

Hey, there! It’s Saturday so it’s Crazy 4 Challenges time! This week Joanne has a sort of combination challenge for us. You know April showers bring May flowers, right? Well, since it’s almost May, Joanne wants us to use both showers and flowers on our cards or projects.

What a great challenge this is! It was really easy for me since MFT’s April release had a ton of weather related products so I got right to work. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then stenciled on some translucent embossing paste to which I added some silver craft paint. I applied that using Raindrops Stencil and I love that not only does it shine, but it shimmers. See below :)

C4C233_2014apr26close


Next I added a Layered Umbrella Die-namics die cut. I cut the frame from silver metallic card stock and the handle from Steel Gray card stock, then stamped the flower “fabric” using LJD Spring Backgrounds. I stamped the flowers with the new Razzle Berry Hybrid ink, and you can’t tell it here, but I was actually able to heat emboss with it. As soon as I stamped the image I poured on some clear embossing powder and heat set it. Nice and shiny—more on that another time :)

Then I colored the center with a Copic marker, assembled my umbrella and popped it up on some clouds cut from Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics and Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, and Steel Gray card stock. The sentiment, from Blue Skies Ahead, was stamped on Sweet Tooth card stock with Steel Gray ink and popped up on foam.

Another sentiment from that set was stamped on the inside.

C4C233_2014apr26in

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you.

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C233.


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Blue Skies Ahead, LJD Spring Backgrounds (MFT)
Ink:
Razzle Berry Hybrid Ink, Steel Gray ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Steel Gray card stock (MFT); silver metallic card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics, Layered Umbrella Die-namics, Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics, Raindrops Stencil (MFT); foam tape, Copic marker, translucent embossing paste, silver craft paint, embossing powder, heat tool

1CAS Signature2

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I cant imaging what your die collection must look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you put the flowers ON the umbrella...sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUUUUTE! Love that umbrella, and the silver in the raindrops is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...