Wednesday, April 02, 2014

MFT April Release Countdown–Day Seven

countdownday7_2014apr2


Hey, everyone! It’s time for MFT’s April  Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing LJD Beautiful Baby, LJD Beautiful Baby Die-namics, Blueprints 14 Die-namics, and Starry Night Stencil. I have a couple of cards for you using these products but first I need to tell you that release is on April 8th at 10pm and to be sure to stop by the MFT Blog today to see what the other designers have for you and to see how to score some prizes.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day7

For my first card I’m using LJD Beautiful Baby, LJD Beautiful Baby Die-namics, and Starry Night Stencil. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then spread some modeling paste on a Nightshift Blue card stock panel with Starry Night Stencil. I wanted it to have some shimmer, so after the modeling paste dried, I used a glitter pen on each star and then adhered it to the base. Then I stamped some Sno Cone card stock with Sno Cone ink and Plaid Builder Background, tied around some sweet yellow seam binding, and popped it up on foam.

I cut some
Sweet Tooth card stock with Sweet Stack Labels Die-namics and stamped the sentiment, from LJD Beautiful Baby, with Nightshift Blue ink. I popped that up on foam and then added a moon, cut from Banana Split card stock with another new Die-namics set releasing this month: Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics.

Another sentiment from LJD Beautiful Baby was stamped on the inside.

countdownday7_2014apr2in
*****

My second card is using Blueprints 14 Die-namics.  

CTD286_2014apr2

I used Sweet Tooth card stock for everything except the layer made with Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics (you’ll be seeing more of this later in the week) and the flower/leaves. They are included in Blueprints 14 Die-namics and were cut with Lemon Drop card stock and Jellybean Green card stock. The center is a Chocolate Brown button tied with hemp cord. The sentiment was stamped with Chocolate Brown ink and is from a Pure Innocence set that will be previewed later, as well, called PI I Pick You.

Another sentiment from PI I Pick You was stamped on the inside. This card is also for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge. Please see the blog for details.

CTD286_2014apr2in


And that’s it for Day Seven of the April Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you can later today for this week’s MFTWSC and tomorrow for another Countdown Day!


1CAS Supplies2

countdownday7_2014apr2







CTD286_2014apr2





~Supplies~
Baby Card:
Stamps: LJD Beautiful Baby,
Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Sno Cone ink, Nightshift Blue ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Nightshift Blue card stock, Banana Split card stock, Sno Cone card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Sweet Stack Labels Die-namics, Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics, Starry Night Stencil (MFT); seam binding, foam tape, modeling paste, glitter pen

Flower Card:
Stamps: PI I Pick You (
MFT)
Ink:
Chocolate Brown ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sno Cone card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Jellybean Green card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Blueprints 14 Die-namics, Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics,
Chocolate Brown button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape


1CAS Signature2

29 comments:

  1. Your cards are very cute. I love the 2nd one using the Blueprints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your creations are great. I love how you added the moon to your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card!! It's perfect. Love the sentiment on the cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara I've not used stencils yet... you are convincing me to try them! I also love that navy ink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Love the colors on both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the colours!! These cards are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling cards. Love how you used the molding paste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both great cards! Love the star stencil and the Blueprints are going to be a must have for me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your cards, the baby card is a winner!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! I am just in love with your first card (and a little in awe)!! I love the die cuts and the plaid stamped background. And those sweet little stars are beautiful all glittered up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards. I just love the design and the beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards, my friend! LOVE the crinkly flower on the CTD card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards as always Barbara!! I love how those clouds look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I very much like how you have the stars (from the stencil) appear like a frame. Great for your inspirational card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Barbara,

    I can't even begin to tell you how much I LOVE your first card!!! They are both great, but I used to collect stars & moons and I love, love, love that sentiment stamp!!!!!!!!

    I cannot wait to see the rest of the release!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both gorgeous cards! You really ought to get a commission for all the enabling you do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What adorable cards, Bar....I love the new sentiment on the first and what a great idea to use the negative for the clouds on the second!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cuteness! Really like all your texture and the way your cloud dance across the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Baby set is sweet and the clouds are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that cloud cover up! The colors are so fun and makes me think Spring is in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE THE GLITTERY STARS ON THE NAVY BG, AND THE YELLOW RIBBON TIES IT ALL TOGETHER.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful designs! Love the fun cloud background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...