Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Button Up–Catered Crop Recipe Challenge

buttonup_2014apr29


Hey, everyone! I’m back today with the latest Catered Crop Recipe Swap, which is “Button Up”. I decided to go CAS with this design and let the buttons shine.

I could have use *real* buttons but that’s not how I roll ;-) Instead, I stamped up some Sweet Tooth card stock with these stamp sets from MFT: LJD Spring Backgrounds, LJD Darling Dots, Washi Patterns, More Washi Patterns, and LLD Mod Borders. I used a rainbow color palette using these new MFT Hybrid inks: Red Hot Hybrid ink, Orange Fizz Hybrid ink, Lemon Drop Hybrid ink, Sour Apple Hybrid ink, Blu Raspberry Hybrid ink, Grape Jelly Hybrid ink.

I stamped the sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About Art, at the bottom of a Sweet Tooth card stock card base with Black Licorice Hybrid ink, then added a strip of more Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Striped Backgrounds and, again, Black Licorice Hybrid ink, to another Sweet Tooth card stock panel and popped that up on foam.

After I stamped up all my papers, I cut it out with Button Border Die-namics and tied the centers with some black hemp twine.
Then I arranged them sort of randomly, but in a rainbow pattern and stuck them down with hot glue on the card front.

On the inside, I stamped another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Art.


buttonup_2014apr29in

And that’s pretty much that! We hope you’ll take the challenge and show us what you can do with a button or two…or three, or four…or however many you want to use :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2






~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Spring Backgrounds, LJD Darling Dots, Washi Patterns, More Washi Patterns, LLD Mod Borders, Clearly Sentimental About Art, Striped Backgrounds (MFT)
Ink:
Red Hot Hybrid ink, Orange Fizz Hybrid ink, Lemon Drop Hybrid ink, Sour Apple Hybrid ink, Blu Raspberry Hybrid ink, Grape Jelly Hybrid ink, Black Licorice Hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Button Border Die-namics (MFT); black hemp twine, foam tape, hot glue/gun


1CAS Signature2

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous - As Always! It's elegantly simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO stinkin' cute, I love all those buttons....I am hoping to play with this challenge soon myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. Now I'm not sure I want to even try a button card, because I have such a strong mental image of how fun yours is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...