Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Butterfly Wishes–MFTWSC #174

MFTWSC174_2014apr30


Hey, there! It’s Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s
MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC174
I found this to be a very interesting sketch and I decided to make a shaker card out of that square instead of making it a layer.

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then cut the square opening from another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock. I embossed it with Chevron Cover-Up Die-namics and trimmed it down, then added my clear acetate window with a piece of Berrylicious card stock for the back. I filled it with sequins to match my chosen color combo and popped it up on the card base with foam tape.

Then I made a double tailed Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics element, cut from Black Licorice card stock and adhered that. Next I cut three butterflies using MPD Winged Beauties Die-namics and stamped them with the coordinating image from MPD Winged Beauties with Lemon Drop Hybrid ink, Razzle Berry Hybrid ink, and Orange Fizz Hybrid ink. I popped them up on foam on the black strip. The sentiment, also from the set, was stamped on a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice Hybrid ink and also popped up on foam.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.


MFTWSC174_2014apr30in

|
And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by—hope to see you playing along this week!

1CAS Supplies2






~Supplies~
Stamps:
MPD Winged Beauties (MFT)
Ink:
Lemon Drop Hybrid ink, Razzle Berry Hybrid ink, Orange Fizz Hybrid ink, Black Licorice Hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); acetate card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Square STAX Set 1 Die-namics, MPD Winged Beauties Die-namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Chevron Cover-Up Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, sequins

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. So pretty, Barbara. I love the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shaker card. They always make me happy and yours (even without the sequins) would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...aren't those adorable sequins!! And...perfectly placed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the CAS feel and the shaker card to boot, just beautiful, hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...