Sunday, March 30, 2014

Waving Hello–SSSC #213

 SSSC213_2014mar30


Hello again, everyone! Today is Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge day and Karen has a sweet sketch for us indeed! This sketch is designed to be long and slim—my card is 5 1/2” x 3 1/2” and is such a cute size!!!


SSSC213 

My first glance at this sketch made me think of the ship’s wheel from Let’s Get Nautical Die-namics so that’s what I went with. I started with a Primitive White card stock base. Then I trimmed down a piece of Black Licorice card stock and a piece of Kraft card stock and stamped the anchor from Go Overboard with Versamark on the Kraft card stock. Then I stencil Berrylicious ink onto a piece of Sno Cone card stock with Waves Stencil, stitched those three together and popped them up on the base with foam tape.

I stamped the sentiment, also from Go Overboard, on a strip of Black Licorice card stock with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with off white embossing powder and popped it up on the card. Next I stamped a piece of Kraft card stock with Wood Plank Background and Kraft ink, cut the ship’s wheel out, and popped it up, as well. To finish it off, I added a couple of wooden dots.

The inside has another sentiment from Go Overboard.


SSSC213_2014mar30in 
















And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1CAS Supplies2






~Supplies~
Stamps:
Go Overboard, Wood Plank Background (MFT)
Ink:
Berrylicious ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink, Black Licorice ink (MFT); Versamark, Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Kraft card stock, Sno Cone card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Let’s Get Nautical Die-namics, Waves Stencil (MFT); foam tape, sewing machine, wooden dots, embossing powder, heat tool


1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. such a fantastic friend card. love the nautical theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Barb, love that ships wheel and the anchor BG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bard that ships wheel is perfect for the sketch. What a fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ship's wheel for the circle element! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!