Sunday, February 02, 2014

Add a Splash of Color to Every Day–SSSC #205

SSSC205_2014feb2


Hi, everyone, and welcome to this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Karen has a great classic sketch for us today and we hope to see you play along this week.


SSSC205
I decided to go all bright and cheerful today. I started with a Razzle Berry card stock base, then trimmed a panel of Sweet Tooth card stock and began to stamp the flower background from LJD Spring Backgrounds with Razzle Berry ink. I filled in the flower centers with an orange Copic marker and then matted it with Orange Fizz card stock.

For the next element, I stamped some color using Abstract Art with Razzle Berry ink and Orange Fizz ink. I decided to add just a touch of Black Licorice ink to tie in the stamped sentiment and the button.

Before I adhered that to the stamped background, I slipped a snippet of Orange Fizz grosgrain ribbon under the edge and tied on a Black Licorice button with baker’s twine. The sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About Art, was stamped on another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice ink and splashed with a touch of Razzle Berry ink and Orange Fizz ink before being popped up on foam.

The inside has another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Art.


SSSC205_2014feb2in 


And that’s it from me! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1CAS Supplies2







~Supplies~
Stamps:
Abstract Art, Clearly Sentimental About Art, LJD Spring Backgrounds (MFT)
Ink:
Razzle Berry ink, Orange Fizz ink, Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Paper:
Razzle Berry card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools:
Black Licorice button, Orange Fizz grosgrain ribbon (MFT); baker’s twine, foam tape, Copic marker


1CAS Signature2

8 comments:

  1. This is so bright and cheery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Barb! You *have* tell me when you put this baby up in your Etsy store. I must have it. L*O*V*E this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colourful card, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb I love the bright colours and the splattered look on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect cheery card for a cold winter day! thanks for putting a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! Love this color combo with the brush strokes and flowers, it's so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!