Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MFT April Creative Challenge–Make a Scene

creativechallenge1_2013apr23a

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to do some scene building with MFT Stamps and Die-namics.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 


Print

My first card uses the fabulous April-released Die-namics Bicycle as the focal point. I cut it out with Wild Cherry card stock and Black Licorice card stock, then layered the tires, seat, handlebar, and pedal with the black. I used Die-namics Grassy Edges for the, yeah, the grass ;-).

creativechallenge1_2013apr23c 

The sun was made using my Die-namics 1/4” Rosette and the center was cut with my Die-namics Circle STAX.

creativechallenge1_2013apr23b 

Here’s the inside, with a sentiment from Die-namics You Move Me Die & Stamp Set.

creativechallenge1_2013apr23in


My second card is an anniversary card. Too tweet! Sorry.

creativechallenge2_2013apr23a


I started by creating a fence with Die-namics Lattice Fence and Sweet Tooth card stock and, of course, more Die-namics Grassy Edges cut from Sour Apple card stock. I nestled the sentiment, from LJD Homespun Hearts, between the posts, stamped with Black Licorice ink.

creativechallenge2_2013apr23c


I cut a Die-namics Branch With Leaves from Hot Fudge card stock and Jellybean Green card stock, then created my love birds. I cut the birds, from Die-namics Homespun Birdhouse Die & Stamp Set from blue paper then stamped them with images from LJD Spring Backgrounds and Kraft ink. Their wings are made from Kraft card stock and the hearts, which are the cutouts from Die-namics Layered Heart Border, were made from Wild Cherry card stock.

creativechallenge2_2013apr23b

I finished it off with some Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock, and stamped the sentiment on the inside, from Clearly Sentimental About Anniversaries. I love this :)

creativechallenge2_2013apr23in

Well, that’s it from me today! Thank SO much for stopping by!




~Supplies~
Bicycle Card:
Stamps:
Die-namics You Move Me Die & Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper: Lemon Drop card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); Dots & Stripes Metropolitan and Candy Shoppe (Echo Park); Bashful Blue (SU!)
Ink:
Black Licorice Ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Bicycle, Die-namics 1/4” Rosette; Die-namics Circle STAX, Die-namics Cloud Trio, Die-namics Grassy Edges (MFT); foam tape, hot glue/gun



Love Birds Card:
Stamps:
LJD Homespun Hearts, LJD Spring Backgrounds, Clearly Sentimental About Anniversaries (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Hot Fudge card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Sour Apple card stock (MFT); Bashful Blue, Marina Mist (SU!)
Ink:
Kraft ink, Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Lattice Fence, Die-namics Grassy Edges, Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds, Die-namics Branch With Leaves, Die-namics Homespun Birdhouse Die Only, Die-namics Layered Heart Border (MFT); foam tape


brownwendysignature

7 comments:

  1. Love how you did the sun on the bike card! darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the potholes sentiment paired with the bicycle, great idea! Your birds are so sweet and I love the backgrounds stamped on them.

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun! I like the medallion sun that you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet cards Barbara! Love the rosette sun and sweet love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute scenery cards Barbara! Love that rosette sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the bicycle card! Thanks for listing the dp you used in your projects. It drives me crazy when I can't figure out what line someone used. Thanks again for inspiring me AND saving my sanity!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!