Wednesday, March 27, 2013

You Are In My Thoughts–CTD #235

CTD235_2013mar27


Hey, there
Color Throwdown fans! It’s time for another challenge and this week the awesomely talented Denise has a YUMMY color palette for us to work play with. OMGoodness, I could dig into that, couldn’t you!? 


swatch 235

OK, now that I’ve stopping drooling on my keyboard, let me get on with my card ;-) I will confess I was a little intimidated by these colors until I decided to go more CAS than not.

I’m using a Primrose Petals card base, with a trimmed down Sweet Tooth card stock layer on the front. I stamped a row of hounds tooth in Primrose Petals ink using LJD Spring Backgrounds, then added a Die-namics Leaf-Filled Flourish cut from Hot Fudge card stock and stamped the sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About Sympathy in Memento Rich Cocoa. I added a Die-namics Royal Rose and a couple of Die-namics Mini Royal Roses, using Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple card stock. I finished it up with some sweet little sequins for accent and ended up very happy with this card.

I stamped another sentiment from the set on the inside:

CTD235_2013mar27in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD235 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week.

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Kim Howard– March Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back a little later with this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE what you did with these colors! So simple and GORGEOUS! WHY can't I come up with things like this??? WHYYYYYY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the rolled flowers against the houndstooth background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the houndstooth in the background, Bar, and your rolled roses are just perfect...this is a real beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!