Friday, June 29, 2012

Sip, Sip HOORAY!–Flourishes Friday Focus

fridayfocuspatriatism_2012jun29wtmk

 

Hi, everyone, and welcome to Flourishes Friday Focus! Today we’re focusing on Patriotism On Parade—one of my very favorite Flourishes sets! I decided to make an invitation with mine—would this be great for a July 4th get together? I really love this!

The bunting images are from
Patriotism On Parade, of course, and I added the lemonade image from On the Porch to finish it off. Both images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Classic White card stock, sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink, and colored with Copic markers from these collections:

Poppy Collection:
poppy
Delphinium Collection:

delphinium


Copper Collection:
copper
Buttercup Collection:

buttercup


Then I cut the lemonade image out with my
Grand Calibur and Standard Circle Nestabilities. The sentiment was stamped on a Nested Pennant flag and popped up on foam.

For the inside, I printed off the
Blossom Collection Invitation Blank and stamped the little parade from Patriotism On Parade at the top. It’s all ready to be filled in and mailed :)

fridayfocuspatriatism_2012jun29wtmkin

Thanks so much for stopping by! Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the Flourishes team has to show you:

Barbara Anders  (<--you are here!)
Julie Koerber
Cindy Lawrence
Christine Okken
Danielle Kennedy
Stacy Morgan
Tammy Hershberger
Sharon Doolittle


I also have a sad announcement to make. This is my last post as a Flourishes Senior Design Team member. Life is hectic and I needed to step back a little. HOWEVER. I won’t be TOO far away. I’ll be doing a couple posts for Flourishes each month for a brand new feature that starts next week and I hope to see you back for that! Thanks for all the sweet, sweet comments over these last months—every one has been so very appreciated.

 

 

 

Pin It

 

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Patriotism On Parade, On the Porch (Flourishes)
Paper:
Classic White, Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Real Red (SU!); Americana (K & Co.)
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools:
Grand Calibur, Standard Circle Nestabilities, Nested Pennant dies (Spellbinders); foam dots, Copic markers

 

brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. What a Lovely tribute to our Country...Love the Card and the FUN it put me in the mind of too!!!
    Your decision to step back from the Senior Design Team must have been a hard one. But both Us (your followers) and Flourishes are lucky to have you in your NEW Feature and I for one Can't wait to see what it will be. I'm sure you will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive Barbara! I like the lemonaide with this set. Your invite is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card sentiment is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. Wish I had ordered it in time to do 4th of July cards. So sorry about your stepping down at Flourishes but certainly understand. Isn't it funny how once you retire you seem busier than when you worked at 9-5? But you will stay with MFT right? Can't have you disappear completely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Barb! With this heat wave we could all use some lemonade - and the vintage-y papers are perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, love the kids on parade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute summer ideas! Love all the 4th of July stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Bar! I love the card-using the lemonade image with the buntings is great! The invitation looks fab! Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!