Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #38



It’s time for another MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge and here’s the sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


You will notice I flipped it ;-) I’m using the carnation (yes, again!) from Inspired by Flowers, Set 1 for my focal image, along with a sentiment from the set.


I was inspired by some red toile fabric I'd recently seen. I stamped the carnation with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink on Fossil card stock that was cut out with the label from You Move Me Die-namics die set. The sentiment was added with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and I sponged the edges with Pumice Stone Distress ink. The ribbon border scalloped edge was done with the Simply Scallops Die-namics die and I added some black swirly bling. 

Here's the inside with the carnation again and another sentiment from the set.




OK, I promise that's it for me today! Thanks SO much for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Inspired by Flowers, Set 1 (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Black Licorice (MFT); Lost & Found: Union Square (MME)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk; Pumice Stone Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); You Move Me and Simply Scallops Die-namics dies (MFT); ribbon, bling, sewing machine



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this carnation...how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always create the most beautiful cards that this one is no exception! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the carnation stamped in red, on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an inspiration for me... This card is so clean and simple just the thing for a Sympathy card.. and the inside just finishes the whole look. Love that carnation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love this paper and the sketch also. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!