Saturday, June 12, 2010

I'm pulling for you - C4C#41

Happy Saturday! It's gonna' be a hot one today in Southside Virginia--and me without air conditioning. Due to shoddy installation the compressor went out on our less-than-four-year-old heat pump and it'll be Monday at the earliest before it can be replaced. Might have to go shopping this weekend, LOL! OK, whine over ;-)

Today I have a Crazy 4 Challenges card for you. Mercy is our host this week and she has a gorgeous color combo for us:
Yummy, right!? I chose to use a just-released My Favorite Things' set--Pure Innocence Pulling For You (temporarily out of stock). Just LOOK at her!! And that little wagon! It's so sweet it makes my teeth hurt!


I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel (also temporarily out of stock) with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored her with Copic markers--except her little dress, which is paper pieced. I'm using Mercy's sketch for this week for my layout and it's a supah sketch! Patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Kioshi 6 x 6 pad and card stock is Hot Fudge (this is a dark, dark brown and I love it!). I'm also using MFT's new Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics die and this olive-y green felt for the grass. Sweeeeeet! And the button is from the Chocolate Kiss collection. I just love how this card turned out!

Here's the inside. The hearts in the wagon are from the Basket Full 'o Flopsey set--I thought they went along well with the "wagon full of love" thing ;-)



Sooooo, NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-) Our sponsor this week is Stamp N Plus Scrap N. Get all the deets at the C4C blog.
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C41.

Thanks so much for dropping in today! Can't wait to see what you do with these colors!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Pure Innocence - Pulling For You (MFT)
Paper: Hot Fudge, Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Whisper White (SU!); Kioshi 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Rich Cooca
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics Die, felt, button (MFT); foam squares, ribbon (craft store); twine (PTI); oval punch (SU!)


21 comments:

  1. Bar, this is FABULOUS! The ribbon and grass and that adorable image just make me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and pretty Barbara. love that paper and the cute girl... Happy weekend...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Barbara, simply WOW. This is such a wonderful card! Your design, paper choices, coloring, etc.--all make me go, "Wow!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Barb, looks like we all have the same DP hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that first card....they both ARE cute. The little cuties in the wagon just top it off!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gingham ribbon layered over the grass like that. Such pretty papers and I love how you placed the girl to the side of those panels. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, just beautiful! I just rec'd this set, AND the fresh cut grass dienamics die!!! I'm so psyched, and plan to CASE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so, so sweet!!!!! You rocked those colors, Barb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable your card is! Love the PP and of course that little girl steals my heart every time. And the wagon filled with hearts inside is a very nice finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I just love that image with that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable Barbara!!! I had to buy this sweet PI image too and I love how you used it on your card today!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this one.....you took a simple (and adorable) image and really gave it a bit of a vintage look....fab details and choices on this card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Just exquisite Barbara....... a work of art and I love it!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  14. So CUTE! Love your mix of BG lines and that image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first thing I noticed here was that adorable little girl you cut out and that grass!! All those little details MAKE a card a masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is tooo cute! I have said it before but you are amazing with the patterned paper! I love how you can mix it up and it looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you melted yet???

    OMG, this is so freakin' cute! LOVE the black paper... sets everything off perfectly! (I'm getting that set inky later today when I'm off to stamp with some friends!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SO darn cute Barb! The papers, the image, everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That wagon is cute! The little stuffed animals inside it are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!