Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let it snow...

...and it did!!! We got the biggest snowfall we've had in YEARS on Friday/Saturday. It's gorgeous!! Nothing like the rest of the east coast got, but 8" is a lot for my area in south central Virginia. And if the weatherman has a clue, the temps are supposed to stay low enough that we *might* end up with a white Christmas for the first time in forever! Here are a few pictures from my yard:

My backyard pond and gazebo:


Front yard close to the house:


Front yard close to the street:


Mailbox. VDOT (Virginia Department of Transportation) plowed my street during the night and piled all the snow from the entire street in front of our house. Think we'll get mail pickup tomorrow? I *do* appreciate that they got my street done so quickly, but they do this every time it snows enough to plow. You think *they'd* get a clue.


Thanks for stopping by today! I'll have a card for you tomorrow :)



3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Yes, those snow plows are a double-edged sword! You need them to do the street, but when they do a number on your driveway, it makes you nuts! Very pretty with your house decorations! Hope you DO have a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! While I am not envious of the heavy snowfall you are enduring up there, I will admit that these scenes are gorgeous!! Thanks for taking the pics and the time required to edit & post these wonders!

    Merry Christmas!
    ~Bev
    www.SavorTheJourney.blogs.SplitCoastStampers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you will have a white Christmas! We don't often get snow until January or sometimes February, so it's exciting for us too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!