Monday, November 23, 2009

Enjoy the Season

Happy Monday, peeps! This card is for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #48--just under the wire, again ;-) I think it's mostly pretty self explanatory, but I'll explain a couple of things. The teapot and the holly are from a new Flourishes' set called, appropriately, Christmas Tea, stamped on a Cream Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers. I didn't have any ribbon the right shade of red, so I ended up threading a strip of card stock through the lace and it really worked well. Then, there's Stickles accenting the pot, the holly, the sentiment, and the holly leaves. I have a little book called The Teas Of Christmas and this image reminds me of it. Cute!

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Christmas Tea (Flourishes Stamps)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Sage Shadow (SU!); Jolly By Golly 6 x 6 mini deck (Cosmo Cricket); Cream Perfect Paper Panel (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Riding Hood Red (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft); Labels Six Nestabilities (Spellbinder); 3M foam squares, lace (craft store); Copic markers; Stickles; holly leaf punch (Martha Stewart); sewing machine


9 comments:

  1. Your card is very pretty, love the colors. Happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Bar, fab job on Mercy's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors---very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of all the sparkly leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card have you made, love the colors!

    Hugs,

    Mélanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Barbara, the lace is a great match with the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your such a GENIOUS!!! LOVE the paper *ribbon*.... :)

    Have a great day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card. Great job:)
    http://www.cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!