Friday, October 02, 2009

ABC/123--Stamp Simply #107

Happy Friday!!! YAY--it's weekend off time!!! And time for another Stamp Simply challenge. This week Sharon is challenging us to use numbers and/or letters as the focal point of our project. Here's what she says:

Friday, Oct. 2 - ssnotime107 - ABC/123 -- Today's challenge has to do with making letters or numbers a focal point of our project. Steve and I are celebrating our 25th Anniversary this week, so visions of cards in a store display with 25 or 50 on it came to mind -- LOL!!! However, we have lots of options using numbers or letters as a focal point -- my first thoughts go to birthday cards or monogrammed projects -- the range is wide open -- so have some fun getting elementary with your ABC's and 123's!!!

And, since Sharon and Steve are celebrating an important anniversary, I decided to make them a card. Nothing is better for monograms and numbers than JustRite stampers, IMO, so I was happy for an opportunity to use them. I used a border from the Christmas Joy Borders and Centers and my 1-3/4” x 2-5/16” stamper for the main image. I stamped it in Not Quite Navy on Whisper White paper, cut it out with a Classic Oval Nestabilities die and added some silver flat backed beads. Then I stamped the monogram on PTI's Enchanted Evening card stock with Versamark, using my Special Occasion Font and my Horizontal Stamper, and heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail silver embossing powder. This paper is a gorgeous shade of dark blue and this picture is not doing it justice. Patterned paper is from PTI's In Bloom collection. I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White with Not Quite Navy with my Horizontal Stamper and the Brayton Font set, cut it out with another oval Nestie, and ran a silver paint pen around the edge for a little contrast. Then I added a white and silver ribbon and bow, and tied the sentiment on with silver cord. Happy Anniversary, Sharon and Steve!!!

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime107 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team, along with our October Guest Designer (welcome, Amy!):

Amy Rohl - October Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: JustRite
Paper: Whisper White (SU!); Enchanted Evening, Bloom DP (PTI)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU!); Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Classic Oval Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, silver cord, ribbon (craft store); Silver Find Detail Embossing Powder (Ranger); heat gun


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card for a wonderful occasion!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous monogram card Barb! I love the elegance of your entire design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for the anniversary celebration and of course it meets the challenge. Love the silver embossing for the silver event. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how elegant this is, Bar! Sharon will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant and beautiful, Barb! How sweet of you to make it for Sharon and Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is simply beautiful! I love that background. ELEGANT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, this is nothing short of gorgeous! I'm having so much fun browsing your blog, but forgive me if I'm short on comments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is JUST gorgeous -- LOVE that monogram -- course,I LOVE monograms!!! How very pretty -- thank YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!