Sunday, September 06, 2009

Here lies a girl...My Favorite Challenge #15

Another fabulous set in the latest My Favorite Things release is Ghoulish Label Set. It's too cute!!! My Favorite Challenge this week is to use MFT colors: Black, white, and pink. Very un-Halloween colors, but I *had* to give this set a whirl. I decided to let the largest sentiment guide me, so I made a coffin treat box out of card stock. I found several templates and tutorials online, but none of them suited me so I made my own. After I made the box base and top out of stone print paper (Venice, from the Woodstone Collection by Cloud 9), I added a "drape"of punched out spider webs all around, put pink rhinestones on the edge, and added more punched out spider webs to the top. I stamped the "epitaph" on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, cut/embossed it with an oval Nestabilities die and added more pink rhinestones. Then I matted it with Regal Rose and Basic Black. I thought the poor girl needed some flowers, so I put some pink silk flowers on top of the coffin and added a spider with pink rhinestone eyes. The tombstones, sentiments, and cat on the sides were the finishing touch! I put some black tissue paper in the bottom of the box base and covered some Nuggets with pink DP and small spider and cat punch outs. This was a ton of fun to make--hope you like it!!!

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Ghoulish Label Set (MFT)
Paper: Basic Black, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Hostess Prints 6 x 6 pad (SU!); Venice, from the Woodstone Collection (Cloud 9)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, rhinestones (craft store); spider web punch (Martha Stewart)



10 comments:

  1. OMG Barbara!!! That is just AWESOME!!! I love each and every element!! Your talent thrills me :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just head-shaking WOW!!!! If I saw this in a boutique, I'd be purchasing a dozen. Out-of-the-box design and thinking!! Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive! I like these colors, wonderful creativity Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Googalee Moogalee ... this is AWESOME!!! How creative ... you truly inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH this is adorable! I loev it! I am itching for that spiderweb punch! I gotta get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! That is SO awesome andf creative! Genius! Your design inspired me and I am working on a card right now. :) Thanks, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic!! Very clever use of the web punch! This is just such a fun project!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO FUN!!!! I love that coffin. You rocked the MFT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How stinkin' cute, Barbara! Love the flowers on the coffin, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, how awesome is this?! A coffin complete with flowers for the funeral! LOL Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!